We care about the environment, here's how
A. C. Bacon Engineering Limited designs, fabricates, delivers and erects structural steelwork together with cladding and doors forming steel-framed buildings, predominantly in East Anglia. We are committed to continuously improving our environmental performance. Our business activities may impact on the environment but we seek to minimise this throughout the manufacture and erection of our buildings.
We are committed to:
- Compliance with all legal and other requirements relevant to our operations.
- Optimising the efficiency of product delivery and fleet management.
- Efficient use of energy for production, heating and lighting.
- Minimising our plant (off road) fuel consumption.
- Effective management of our paint shop, including raw materials, energy and emissions.
- Minimising waste sent to landfill through reduction, reuse and recycling.
- Ensuring water consumption is kept to a minimum.
- Providing relevant communication and training related to the company’s EMS.
- Supporting the local economy through purchasing goods locally where possible.
A.C. Bacon Engineering Limited monitors and measures its impact on the environment and sets targets for continual environmental improvement.
We will conduct an annual management review of our Environmental Policy, and its related EMS.
- VALUE FOR MONEY: The key to our success (and the high degree of repeat business we enjoy) is the high quality of product and service that we deliver at a competitive price.
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD: Since December 1961, we have produced an enviable list of very satisfied customers in the agricultural, industrial and commercial buildings sectors; together with a reputation that is second to none.
- FULLY ACCREDITED: We have an excellent Health & Safety record and we employ an in-house Health & Safety Officer. All site operatives are CSCS trained. We are recently audited members of BCSA, RIDBA, CHAS, CONSTRUCTIONLINE and BUILDERS PROFILE, carrying their assurance of our competence and financial standing.
- DEPENDABILITY: Our customers tell us that they can rely upon the A. C. Bacon team to be experienced, dependable, proactive, attentive and genuinely good people to work with. We currently employ over 100 people, including our own detailers, workshop operatives and steel erectors, and have own our own fleet of delivery vehicles, cranes, access platforms and telehandlers - all to ensure that we deliver, as promised.
- CAPABILITY: Our extensive in-house facilities contribute to us achieving the quality and flexibility that delivers projects on time to the required high standards of CE Marking. Our production facilities include state-of-the-art cutting, drilling and punching lines for the fabrication of 100+ tonnes of structural steelwork per week; plus shot-blasting and painting equipment for finishing to individual requirements.
- COMPLETE SERVICE: Design, detailing, supply, fabrication, erection, roofing, cladding, doors, grain walling - we can provide everything needed for your project. We also have the flexibility to provide specific input in any of these core areas.
- AFFILIATIONS: A. C. Bacon Engineering Ltd is a proud holder of the Royal Warrant of Appointment as a tradesman to The Queen for the manufacture of steel-framed buildings.